IDAHOGIRLS

A monthly update on two cute little Idaho girls, and all their new adventures!

Friday, December 08, 2006
















I had a date with my two girls tonight we went to a local theatre group's production of "Cinderella." On the way there, we were minutes behind a pretty bad car crash (angels were looking out for the Harris girls as we stopped for gas as a last minute thought on my part which delayed us enough - I believe - to avoid personally being part of this unfortunate event). As we slid into the seats of the theatre, I looked around and noticed half the theatre was missing (at 5 minutes to show time), and I realized these people must have been just behind us and stuck in traffic. Then a member of the cast came out to announce that the show would be delayed because the piano player was stuck on the freeway (loud groans by all the audience followed). To drown out the moans and impatient wiggles of my own children, I started thinking of how much one event ( a car crash) could impact an entire audience, and how one person (the piano player) could hold up an entire production. I got quite a vivid visual of how this single car crash affected an entire roomful of people (and that did not even account for the poor people directly involved in the crash). It was pretty profound (like I said I was finding my happy place away from - Mom, when is Cinderella going to come on??) for me to realize that my actions (for example the prayers I send up for hurting friends and family) do make a difference in this world even if like the missing piano player I am not there to see how. Now the biggest challenge for me is to make those actions and prayers purposeful so instead of holding up the show - the show will go on!

3 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Mangy Moose said...

Oh so true. Thanks for sharing, my friend. We all could learn from that experience. I pray that the girls eventually did get to see the show despite the delay. You all look fabulous, by the way!!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Shawn S. said...

I hope that beyond the accident and its impact, that the musical was very special girl time for you and your darlings. Cinderella is THE best! And you DO all look so great!

We have seen a lot more fatal accidents out here than ever before. It is very hard, and I am always struck by how sad it is to know that in that one moment many lives are changed. I always pray for their families, who are just waiting somewhere for them. And I usually cry because it makes me so very sad. Hopefully the one you went by was not fatal, and thankfully you were not in it! -Sara

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Meg said...

What a fun date night for the girls! Too bad it got off to a rough start with the accident. I hope the girls enjoyed the musical! See, Sara and I did rub off on you! Hugs - Meg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home